Auf Wiedersehen, for now.

I've made the decision.  I'm moving in a new direction and starting a brand-spanking-new site.

I've been struggling with the decision for weeks.  Not the decision to start a new site, that I've been sure of for awhile.  Sure, I can make An American Girl more general and less Vienna-focused all the time, but the truth is that I can't send this blog out far and wide because there are many people who don't know, who I don't want to know, about Vienna yet.  So, I can't post this on Facebook or send out without worrying about who's going to find it.

I have been struggling with the decision about what to do with An American Girl.  I thought maybe that I could just have two blogs.  Yea.  That's not going to happen.  Then I thought that I should at least keep this going while getting the other up and running.  Unfortunately, I began to feel so overwhelmed and a little guilty about the whole thing that I wasn't working on either!

Just the other day I thought, you know what, this is supposed to be FUN.  Not a burden.  And in that moment I knew.  An American Girl is going to take a break for awhile, at least from this blog.  This is not to say that I won't bring it back when we get closer to our move to Vienna.  I might just do that.  But in the meantime, I'm taking a different approach.

I can't share the site details with you yet, but if you check back in a couple weeks or so, I'll post the link.  And for those of you with whom I've connected via your blogs, I'll send along the new site as soon as I can.  For those of you who simply pop by to read An American Girl every now and again, I thank you ever so much for following along and do hope I can bring you along to my new virtual playland when the time comes.

Danke shoen & Auf Wiedersehen
Caroline
An American Girl

6 comments:

kate wiseman | October 17, 2010 at 3:07 AM

Send me the link when you get there. I want to keep reading!


- Kate

rockinkez | October 17, 2010 at 10:58 AM

good luck with the new site! make sure to let us know the link...

Anonymous | October 18, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Same here! :) Good luck and take care

Merisi | October 28, 2010 at 3:29 AM

Good luck with all your projects and dreams,
may they make you happy, wherever they carry you!
Until we meet again,
Merisi

benita | January 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Liebes American Girl.
I am not into Blogging, I just googled tonight
and 'ran 'into your site. Are you moving to Vienna, AUSTRIA??
cause I moved there from LA 5 years ago and would like to help in any way, if you would like to.
Love your bodybuilding pics! awesome
all the best, it will be quite a change :)
benita

joe | June 29, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Dear Caroline

My name is Joe Pinzone and I'm casting an international travel show about expats moving abroad. We'd love to film in Panama and wanted to know if you could help us find expats who have moved there within the last 15 months or have been there for 3-4 years, but recently moved into a new home. The show documents their move to a new country and will place the country in fabulous light. The contributors on the show would also receive monetary compensation if they are filmed. If you'd like more information, please give me a call at 212-231-7716 or skype me at joefromnyc. You can also email me at joepinzone@leopardusa.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Joe Pinzone
Casting Producer
P: 212-231-7716
Skype: Joefromnyc

Post a Comment