To Do's

I've been talking a lot lately about a To Do list.  The fact that I need one, that I've thought about one, and, finally, that I started one.  It's no joke, not something I made up to make myself look good.  I did actually start one.

And here it is....

Doesn't look so bad, does it.  Just a matter of six Things To Do to get us to Vienna.

1) Move to a smaller apartment while still here
2) Save $, $ issues
3) Jobs, Jobs, Jobs
4) Paperwork, Visas, etc.  What's needed? How?
5) German - learn it
6) Moving logistics

Six things.  Six small things.  Ha!  Do you see the "Which Means" and the big fat arrow?

You see, this is, essentially, just a cover page.  Following this momma to do list are lots of little baby to do's, and that's where the real work fun comes in.

        

And so on, and so forth. And so on..and so on...and so on.  I fully expect to fill my new notebook in a relatively short amount of time!

But first.  Next Step is to sit down with my husband and create a general timeline.  Choose a date to move (!!!) and work back from there to set goals and deadlines, establish priorities and the proper order in which we must address all the various and sundry activities.  And decide who is going to do what.

Oh yeah, I like to plan.  Seriously.  It may not have come across thus far here in my blog.  I've had more a looming, overwhelming, oh-my-gosh-it's-all-so-big-I-don't-know-what-to-do-and-I-don't-want-to-start approach to the whole thing.  I've also been waiting for my husband to lead me to the planning table.  I forgot (conveniently) - I'm the planner, he's more a do-er.  He's great once the ball gets rolling, but my strong suit is to get said ball rolling.  Time to accept and work to our strengths.

Roll on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment