A Different Approach to Spring Cleaning

I find that I am looking at everything in my house in a new light, through a new filter.  It's almost as if I'm giving everything a sideways glance.  You, yeah you, Jamie Oliver cookbook over there in the cookbook pile.  Do you have what it takes to make the cut for Vienna?  I mean, I love you and all and it is true that you've been with me for years.  You have fed me well at times, but I really don't use you very much these days. Yes, you're autographed, which reminds me of meeting your author.  But there wasn't anything terribly memorable about the meeting, other than how long it took to get through the line at the book signing.  So, what's it going to be?

And so it goes, back and forth.  The big purge hasn't actually begun yet, but I find that I am spending a good deal of time making arguments for and against things in my mind already.  I fear being too harsh, getting rid of too much.  My natural bent is not toward sentimentality, but I don't want to tip the scale too far in the other direction and end up in Vienna with nothing of my past.

Then again, I also have a great fear of shipping charges, so I'll have to find a balance somehow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment