A bouquet of sharpened pencils



All over Facebook, I'm seeing statuses and comments about my friends' children going "Back to School."  I don't necessarily wish I was a mother sending her child back to school, but I am feeling an overwhelming desire to go Back to School myself.  Oh, I don't have an actual desire to go Back to School, but I do long for a new season, a new start, the feeling of fall, which still, all these years later, goes hand-in-hand with the idea of Back to School.

One of my guilty pleasures is the movie "You've Got Mail" with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks.  And one of my favorite lines within is:

Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address..”


Ah, that's how I feel today.  It is finally below 90 degrees here in California, I felt a bit of crispness in the air yesterday, and I long for cardigans and tights and a new pencil case in which to keep my new pencils.

2 comments:

Unknown | October 6, 2010 at 11:30 AM

nice blog you got there,,, keep it up..

be aware not to be a victim
bestessays scam


regards,
badloi

get essays services | March 5, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Finally, pathos refers to feelings of the audience. In fact, pathos complements logos because it influences emotions of the audience. Moreover, often emotions may be even more persuading than logic.

Post a Comment