What's my point exactly?

Hello Dear Readers, are you still there?

I understand if you have gotten bored or moved on thanks to my anemic posting lately, but I do hope this is not so.  Please bear with me as I figure out my schedule (so I can actually sit down and write when I'm awake and alert and motivated) and my point.  Yes, my point.

You see, since the Vienna move isn't right around the corner any longer (it could be 6 months, it could be a year, could be anywhere in between or even longer), it feels odd to try to write about IT all the time and it's a challenge to come up with some tie to IT for every post because, well, IT isn't on my mind every day any longer, at least not in the same way or with the same sense of urgency.

I do write at times about things non-Vienna, things that are more...well, things that are just about me.  But I struggle with whether that is enough.  That wasn't my point when I started blogging, but I may be moving in that direction.  Blogs should have a point, a point of view, a purpose.  Or so I've read.  I want to have a point of view and I think I do, I can, I will.  I've just lost sight of it for the moment.

Will you forgive my ramblings and detours, and stick with me as I rediscover my point?  If you'll hang in there, I promise to get over myself and my inflated concern and actually write, not worry about whether I'm writing about the right thing.

Perhaps it'll be more interesting.....who knows?!?!?

6 comments:

Viajera | July 28, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Ramble on, get boring, deviate from the topic, start a "sister" blog... I just that when you're blogging about your life, you get detours; lots of them. I used to get hung up on my THEME, but now I just blog as I please. As to your timeline for departure... I've been blogging about packing up to leave for Europe for about two years. :D

Badger | July 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM

My blog started with a theme and I lost the plot after a month or so. Ramble on.

Caroline | July 29, 2010 at 5:32 AM

Thank you both. Just the pats on the back and the knowledge of others who have gone before me that I needed.

Ramble on, I will do!

Anonymous | August 5, 2010 at 12:41 AM

You don't need a plot, you ARE the plot :) and since it is your blog and your plot you can do what ever you want with it :) We enjoy reading about it!

Love from Vienna,
Emilie

Carolyn | August 18, 2010 at 6:14 AM

Fun blog! I totally relate to this. Do people always want to hear about Austria? Or me? I hope y'all make it!

Caroline | August 20, 2010 at 5:32 AM

Thank you Carolyn, kind words like this are so very helpful!

Post a Comment