Honeymoon in Vienna

I've been home all day today, feeling sickly.  It's been all around me - at work, at home - and I think I'm finally succumbing, although I am hoping that by laying very low today and most of tomorrow, I'll feel better.  My brother will be in town from L.A. tomorrow night and I don't want to feel bad for the evening he's here!

I'm not so good with just lying around so while I did sleep a little, mostly I read and finished the book I've been working through and spent time searching online for flights to Vienna.

We're going to Vienna!! Not the move, but the pre-move visit to check it out.  Our Honeymoon.  In May.  It's quite soon and we've got to move quickly with our planning, but tickets skyrocket in June, so we decided to go for it.  I just got approval from work for a couple weeks off in early May and the planning has begun.  We haven't purchased anything yet, but did some good research today so I'm feeling very excited, despite being tired and achey.

We're also thinking about hotels vs. vacation rentals vs. other lodging possibilities.   Any recommendations?  Has anyone heard of/used CouchSurfing?

3 comments:

Mayrozez | March 6, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Love this layout, Carrie. Much more "you" than the second one. And, hey, May is THE travel month! I'm headed to the UK then, too. I'm at the laptop right now to look at flights and B&Bs for York. But, well, I couldn't resist checking out your post! I don't know about CouchSurfing but Tina of English Muse http://theenglishmuse.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.html recommends http://www.vrbo.com/147011 for apartment rentals. She has used them for Paris, Rome and Washington, D.C. You should check out her blog in any case, if you haven't already. It's right up your alley. See the January archive for her lovely Paris photos (including the apartment!)

An American Girl Moves to Vienna | March 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Thanks, MJ. Great suggestion on the vacation rentals (and great blog suggestion, too - thank you!). And I'm excited for you and your UK trip as well. Yay, yay, yay - all the way round!

mimie | March 16, 2010 at 5:24 AM

Hi there, feel free to ask if there is anything you want to know about Vienna - I have lived here for 8 years now :) Will do my best to get the spring up and running until may :) Take care/Emilie

Post a Comment