Step One: Obtain Passport

That is correct. I am planning a big, fat international move and I have never been outside the United States!

Well, that's not completely true. My father was in the Air Force, stationed in Germany, so my folks married there and I (along with my younger brother) was born there. But we left when I was very little and no memories serve. Unfortunately, neither do my traveling papers from that time.

This task is quite simple to complete and doesn't actually set me on a path from which there is no return. It's a good idea to have a passport, whether I'm moving or not. I've always thought that, but never quite got around to getting one "just because". Now, getting that document has taken on much greater meaning as the first "official" step toward Vienna.

So, simple it may be, but an easy task to put off. A few weeks ago I set myself a deadline. My birthday - get those photos, fill out the form, wait in line, and get the application in by my birthday. My birthday is now 7 days away. And two of those days are weekend days. Yikes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment